- Early Bird Offer
- Limited Spaces
- No occurences are currently available.
This course will provide trainees who bone and/or cut beef with the knowledge to identify and take appropriate action for a suspect C. bovis cyst. The course is designed to meet Ministry for Primary Industries’ (MPI) requirements and is delivered by key personnel from the Meat Industry Services business division at AsureQuality.
What is covered?
- Understand what the C. bovis parasite is and how it affects cattle and humans
- Identify live and dead cysts
- Learn how C. bovis is controlled in New Zealand
Who should attend?
- All staff involved in the boning or cutting of beef
- Supervisory staff who are in control of the meat cutters
- Gain knowledge and practical skills to effectively identify suspected cysts and take relevant action
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
There is no prerequisite.
There is no NZQA unit standard assessment for this course but there is a written assessment designed to meet MPI requirements.
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.